Welcome to Harbor Ridge Middle School’s counseling center.
8th Graders,planning on attending an out of district high school next year year such as Bellarmine, SAMI or SOTA, may bring to office any recommendations that might need to be completed by teachers, counselor or administrators. They will be given to the counselors.
Our professional background equips us to work with parents and children in a number of helpful ways. Training includes a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Education with courses in personality and learning theory, child development, and counseling techniques. We hold a counseling certificate from the State of Washington. However, we are not licensed psychologist/psychiatrists and do not provide therapy during the school day.
We provide the following services:
- Inpidual counseling/support
- Support groups-for a variety of concerns such as grief, porce, peer relationships etc.
- Attendance concerns
- Coordinate student /parent /teacher conferences
- Develop plans for student success
- Provide contacts for community resources
- New student orientation
- Schedule changes
- Address student/teacher concerns arising in classrooms
- Crisis intervention
- Monitor grades
- Consult with parents in the areas of educational, vocational and personal development of their children.
- Assist staff, students and parents with interpretation of standardized test materials.
- Financial assistance referrals/concerns
Counseling responsibilities are pided between two part-time counselors:
|Name||Phone Number||Area of Responsibility|
|Bruce Fein||(253) 530-1932||8th Grade M-Z and all 6th Grade|
|Jayme Lenker||(253) 530-1933||8th Grade A-L and all 7th Grade
(available ONLY Tues - Thu)
Duties are divided as follows:
|5th grade transition||Fein/Lenker|
|High school transition||Fein/Lenker|
|504 program coordinator||Fein|
|Invest Ed (formally Saul Haas) Fund||Jane Treleven|
|Healthy Youth Survey||TBD|
Free Supplies to Those in Need
Attention local low-income families who need school supplies for the upcoming year...Communities in Schools has free supplies for those in need during office hours (Mon.-Thurs. 8:30am-4:30pm) Their office is located at 15921 84th St. KP N, Lakebay, WA 98349, (in the red barn) and it would be much appreciated if the families would call before they stop by at (253)884-5733 to make an appointment.
For information on the healthy youth survey October 20, 21, 2016 click this link: https://hrm3x.psd401.net/index.php/news-events